Entrance Training Bursaries
The AWWOA provides ten (10) training bursaries per fiscal year of up to $250 each to support individuals who are actively pursuing a career/ certification in the water and wastewater industry. Successful applicants will also receive a free one-year AWWOA membership.
Individuals seeking certification as a water and wastewater operator can apply for an Entrance Training Bursary worth $250.00 to offset the registration cost for one of the following AWWOA Courses:
- Entry Level Training
- Level I Certification Preparation Course
- Small Water Systems Operation
- Small Wastewater Systems Operation
*Note: to take advantage of your free one-year membership discounts for the courses above, please submit your bursary application prior to registering for the course. If aproved you will receive an additional $100 discount on the course fee.
Applicants are eligible for one Entrance Training Bursary per lifetime. Bursary applications are reviewed and evaluated within 30 days of receipt. Bursaries will be awarded based on a “first come first serve basis” to applicants that meet the criteria in this policy.
- Bursaries will not exceed $250 and will be paid upon successful completion of course.
- Successful applicants will receive a one-year complimentary AWWOA membership (from the date the application is approved).
- Successful applicants will not be eligeable for other AWWOA bursaries in the same fiscal year
- Currently seeking a new career path or certification in the water and wastewater industry
- Once approved, applicant must register for the course online.
- Once the course is completed, applicant must provide a copy of the course registration fee and proof of payment
- Course completion certificate date must be within the fiscal year that the bursary application is received (August 1st - July 31st).
Submit your application to:
Mail to: AWWOA
10806 – 119 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 3P2
For questions please Contact Us.