NAIT Water and Wastewater Scholarship
Recipients of these four scholarship awards will be academically outstanding and have made notable contributions in extracurricular or community activities. The Awards Committee will make selections based upon these qualifications, as well as, the career essay submitted with the Scholarship Application.
2 - Tom Dlugosz - NAIT “Winter Intake” Scholarships $1,500 each
2 - NAIT “Fall Intake” Scholarships $1,500 each
- Interest in pursuing a career in Water & Wastewater as referenced in the applicant's essay.
- Personal leadership activities, excellence in extracurricular activities, and/or significant contributions to the community as referenced in the applicant's resume.
- Confirmation of enrolment/registration in the full-time NAIT Water and Wastewater Technician Edmonton Campus (Winter or Fall Intake).
- Excellence in academic credentials and achievements.
- Complete all sections of the application. Your Resume and Essay must be typed. Handwritten submissions will not be considered.
- Include a copy of an up-to-date Resume with your application.
- Include a copy of your completed career Essay (max. 500 words) with your application.
- Include a copy of any academic records , certificates, diplomas or transcripts with your application. (Official transcripts are not required.)
No other information will be presented to the Awards Committee for review. Please retain a copy of your application for your records as submitted materials cannot be returned. All applicants must inform themselves of the tax consequences of receiving a Scholarship. Successful applicants will provide the AWWOA with their Social Insurance Number for tax documents. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Deadlines for Application
- Tom Dlugosz - NAIT “Winter Intake” Scholarships - 4:30 p.m. on February 01st (Successful applicants will be notified in April).
- NAIT “Fall Intake” Scholarship - 4:30 p.m. on October 01st (Successful applicants will be notified in December).
Scholarship Selection Procedure
Each application is reviewed and semi-finalists are chosen from those that most closely meet the selection criteria. These semi-finalist applications are then reviewed by the Awards Committee and a final selection is made. Final selections also must be approved by the Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association (AWWOA) Executive.
Scholarships are a 'one-time only award'. The Scholarships will not be awarded if there are no appropriate candidate or funding is unavailable that year. This Scholarship Program can be altered or discontinued with approval from the AWWOA Executive.
Scholarship Payment Schedule
The Scholarship(s) will be awarded in two equal payments as follows:
- First payment of $750 to be made after successful completion of the first semester (confirmation of attendance received from NAIT Water and Wastewater Technician Program which indicates all courses were successfully completed/passed).
- Final payment of $750 to be made after successful completion of the final two semesters (confirmation of attendance received from NAIT Water and Wastewater Technician Program which indicates all courses were successfully completed/passed and the individual will be graduating from the program).
NB: If applicant is unable to successfully complete either term of the program then funds will not be awarded..
Application Form & Instructions
Download the application form here.
Submit your application to:
10806 119 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 3P2
or email: email@example.com
For questions please contact AWWOA.