This four day course was developed with the intent of increasing operator knowledge and to provide a source of reference material for those studying to write certification exams. The subject matter is covered through a combination of lectures, videos, group exercises and mock exams. Registrants will receive a course manual.
Completion of this course does not fulfill Alberta Environment's certification requirements, nor is it a requirement for Level III or IV Certification.
NOTE: Applicants who wish to write the certification exam must qualify and MUST apply to Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) prior to the deadline for their preferred exam. For additional certification information, please contact Alberta Environment and Parks at 780-427-7713 or 780-643-1992 or email: WaterandWastewaterOperatorCert@gov.ab.ca
Dates & Locations
- Session #1
- Apr 4, 2017 8:00am - Apr 7, 2017 4:00pm
- Chateau Louis - 11727 Kingsway Ave - Edmonton
Candidates should hold Level II or higher Water Treatment Certification and should be working in a Class II or higher water treatment facility.
• Regulatory standards and issues
• Water sources and water source protection
• Water quality and water analysis
• Multi-barrier treatment technologies
• Alternate treatment technologies
• Disinfection by-product mitigation technologies
• Process optimization and troubleshooting
• Performance limiting factors, technical supervision and management
$920.00 Must have current AWWOA Membership
$690.00 Must have a current AWWOA Membership and be an operator of a small public rural water/wastewater facility.