This two day workshop is a practical course that uses role plays, case studies, video and interactive activities to learn and practice the skills of mentoring and coaching.
At the end of the workshop participants will:
• Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching.
• Define the elements of a successful coaching relationship.
• Understand the structure of a coaching session and describe the steps of the GROW Coach Model.
• Understand the coach’s role in supporting the learner to successful skill achievement.
• Understand how to build a coaching agreement that includes accountability and commitment from both the coach and the learner.
• Understand and be able to use the tools that help to guide the coaching role.
• Explore barriers to successful coaching relationships.
• Demonstrate understanding of active listening and effective questioning.
• Be aware of personality styles and their effect on building rapport.
• Understand the boundaries within which the coaching relationship must be maintained.
• Become aware of potential conflicts which can result in the failure of coaching relationship and how to manage those issues.
Dates & Locations
- Session #1
- Oct 12, 2017 8:00am - Oct 13, 2017 4:00pm
- Chateau Louis - 11727 Kingsway Ave - Edmonton
$460.00 Must have current AWWOA Membership
$345.00 Must have a current AWWOA Membership and be an operator of a small public rural water/wastewater facility.