This two day workshop is a practical course that uses role plays, case studies, video and interactive activities to learn and practice the skills of mentoring and coaching.
Dates & Locations
- Session #1
- Sep 28, 2020 8:00am - Sep 29, 2020 4:00pm
- Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre - 11727 Kingsway Ave - Edmonton
At the end of the workshop participants will:
• Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching.
• Define the elements of a successful coaching relationship.
• Understand the structure of a coaching session and describe the steps of the GROW Coach Model.
• Understand the coach’s role in supporting the learner to successful skill achievement.
• Understand how to build a coaching agreement that includes accountability and commitment from both the coach and the learner.
• Understand and be able to use the tools that help to guide the coaching role.
• Explore barriers to successful coaching relationships.
• Demonstrate understanding of active listening and effective questioning.
• Be aware of personality styles and their effect on building rapport.
• Understand the boundaries within which the coaching relationship must be maintained.
• Become aware of potential conflicts which can result in the failure of coaching relationship and how to manage those issues.
No manuals will be forwarded to students in advance of this course – the instructor will provide all material on-site.
$460.00 Must have current AWWOA Membership
$345.00 (For in-class courses only) Must have a current AWWOA Membership and be an operator of a small public rural water/wastewater facility.