New Scholarship Available for Alberta Operators
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship is funded through the support of AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Western Canada Section AWWA.
PURPOSE of AWARD
AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Western Canada Section AWWA, will award the One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $500 for Water Operator training and education. Three scholarships will be awarded.
Funding can be used for certification, two-year water related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences.
Each scholarship recipient will also receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
- Applicant must be a current operator or seeking to enter the water operator profession.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical school.
- Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries covered by the sponsoring Section, which includes Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purposes of promotion.
Please visit www.wcsawwa.net to submit your electronic application. Sponsorship applications must be received electronically by June 30, 2017. Scanned copies of supporting documents are required.
Selection: Applications will be reviewed by the WCS AWWA selection committee under the principle of open and equal opportunity. Award winners will be announced at the WCW Annual Conference in Saskatoon this September.