Canada Summer Jobs Program
Objectives of the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to support all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition in the labour market.
The program provides wage subsidies to employers from not-for-profit organizations, the public-sector, and private sector organizations with 50 or fewer full-time employees, to create quality summer work experiences for young people aged 15 to 30 years.
Please note the following key dates:
- applications are due by February 24, 2020
- the earliest job start date is May 11, 2020
- the latest job start date is Monday, July 20, 2020
- the latest job end date is Friday, August 28, 2020
- the latest date to submit a payment claim is 30 days following the completion of the Canada Summer Jobs-funded work placement
For more information about the program and to apply visit the Government of Canada website.